Are they worth the money? Yes! Click here if you want to buy.
For my breakdown as to why, read on below and you can watch my video review here too:
The older I’ve gotten, the more I wear comfortable clothes. Bottom line, I want clothing that is versatile–that I can wear to work, exercise in and wear casually around the house or town.
For my needs, there are several options, but I’ve found what I believe are the most versatile pants available – the GORUCK 24.7 Simple Pants. They offer a unique blend of functionality, durability, and style.
Here is a deep dive into 6 reasons the 24.7 Simple Pants are the best for men, therefore worth the money:
- Durable Construction: GORUCK 24.7 Simple Pants are infused with Nylon. This ToughDry material is made to be fast-drying, abrasion resistant and lightweight, with 2-way stretch. Renowned for their robust construction, this makes them ideal pants for anyone facing diverse environments. Crafted from high-quality materials, these pants are designed to withstand the rigors of daily wear and tear, ensuring longevity even in challenging conditions. In addition, they come with the Scars Lifetime Guarantee – you break it, they fix it! I’ve put my oldest pair to the test and sent back one time for repair, which was quickly fixed and returned. There is no better lifetime guarantee on the market.
2. Versatility in Design: One of the standout features of GORUCK Simple Pants is their versatile design. There are no logos, extra pockets or anything that even resembles “tactical”. I often find myself in urban settings to rugged terrains to the unplanned pick-up game of basketball or football with my boys. Having pants made for movement and style will not limit you and they seamlessly transition between these environments, offering a practical solution for individuals constantly on the move.
I wore the Simple Pants for our annual Mark Forester 28 Mile Ruck in 2021. It was sunny the entire day, with the humidity of north Alabama, and temp in the 80’s (Fahrenheit). I had no issues with sweating or being too hot or restricted. They provided protection so my legs were one less part of my body that could get sun burned since it took us 11 continuous hours.
3. Comfortable Fit: Comfort is a prerequisite for me, and GORUCK 24.7 Simple Pants deliver on this front. The thoughtful design includes a comfortable fit that allows for ease of movement without compromising style. Whether navigating crowded streets, engaging in physical activities or lounging on the couch, these pants provide the flexibility required for diverse tasks.
4. Quick Drying, Moisture Wicking and Water Repellant: GORUCK 24.7 Simple Pants are equipped with moisture-wicking properties, ensuring that wearers stay dry and comfortable even in humid or wet climates. Additionally, the quick-drying feature is a game-changer for those caught in unexpected rain or facing the challenge of limited laundry facilities, or just too lazy to do laundry.
Of course, if you’re doing a GORUCK event, these pants are obviously made for them–get wet, muddy, bear crawls, burpees, rucking–you name it–anything. Either these Simple Pants or the Challenge Pants (if you want the side pockets) are go-to’s for GORUCK events.
5. Stylish Aesthetics: While functionality is paramount, GORUCK 24.7 Simple Pants do not compromise on style. The clean and minimalist design ensures that wearers can seamlessly blend into diverse cultural settings without sacrificing a polished appearance. This makes these pants a versatile and suitable choice for various active-man contexts. I wear them to the office and they are my go-to for overnight travel. These are called simple for a reason–they don’t have hidden or zippered pockets, only two front and two back.
An additional note: if you prefer skinny pants, these are probably not for you. These are for movement and style. So your calves will not bulge in these b/c they have a straight cut at the bottom.
6. Ease of Care: These pants want to be worn often and even multiple times between washes. And they do not require ironing. Wash in cold water, air dry and wear; allowing for a shorter turnaround time between washing and wearing again. It can’t get any easier, I promise.
If adaptability, durability, and comfort are crucial to you, GORUCK 24.7 Simple Pants are the clear choice. Their robust construction, versatile design, and built to last ToughDry fabric make them the go-to option for those seeking reliable and adaptable clothing. In addition, they fold up (or roll up) to the size of a can of Coke for easy packing and travel. For those who want tough, comfortable pants, while committed to making a lasting impact, GORUCK 24.7 Simple Pants prove to be an indispensable necessity on your journey.
I’ve been wearing the gray/charcoal Simple Pants for over 3 years, so this is an informed review. I’ve worn the coyote Simple Pants for over 2 years. I ruck with them, travel in them, wear to work, cut my grass, hike and even exercise in them–especially when it’s cold and I need tough pants. These really are the hidden gem in the GORUCK catalog. They will last for years and still look new–mine do.
These pants come in lightweight (about $105) and midweight (about $115). The obvious difference is lightweight is thinner, better for hot temperatures. I have both and use both, but prefer the midweight for colder weather.
Have I missed anything? What questions do you have?
In full disclosure, I have the Lululemon ABC and Commission pants that feel great and that I love. I got these years ago before GORUCK’s Simple Pants existed. The limitation with them is I’d never wear them in the woods or get muddy. They would fray with the first briar stick. Yes, they are stretchy and feel great, but the benefits stop there. And they are cheaper than Lululemon!